Feb 27, 2017

Give Thanks to Monday

Happy Monday! Today I have a set of 2 cards to show using script die cut from Lawn Fawn.

I've had this older script die for a long time but haven't had the chance to use it ever.  Card supplies- inks, stamps and others are expensive at this part of the crafting world but that didn't stop me from making cards. Procrastination did.

Anyway for this first card I did a tone on tone effect background using Spellbinders' Fleur de Lis stencil. I did more sponging to the stencil around the edges of where I wanted my 'Thanks' die cut to sit so that more emphasis goes there.
tone on tone stamped handmade card


At first I played around using a white paper for the script but then decided that I'd also use the partial die cut technique.  For an A2 sized card, this was a LOT of work.  I secured the script to the scalloped circle window using regular tape to hold it together.  Then using foam tape I put everything together and mounted it on a 250gm white paper.  A little bit of bling finished the card.

For the second A2 card, I mounted a white script on an inked up Thanks to make it look like it had shadow. Just to add interest to this otherwise simpler card I just cut some patterned paper and placed it like so.  It was like how my son would describe as 'easy peasy lemon squeezee'.


die cut thanks from lawn fawn


So I hope you enjoyed these 2 cards. I look forward to seeing you again with some other cards.  Till then have a great day and week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment