WaterColor Pencil Card

5:39 PM

Hello everyone.  Sharing two cards I made recently using some older stamp sets I've owned from waaay back.  
First up- a one layer birthday card with a princess image. It's actually the first time I'm using this stamp because back then I had this idea that stamps should be colored with colored markers.  Duhh! Fast forward 5 years and a child later, I now know that there's really no limit to what you could do to your card technique. 






I used a 250gm white cardstock as a cardbase to stamp my image.  I made two cards of the same image which is pretty straightforward and colored her using watercolor pencils.  Here's a closer look at the other card.  For both sentiments I just did some handlettering because I couldn't find a sentiment that I like from my stamp stash.



For my second card I tried a different approach to my pencil coloring.  Again, it was done using the same watercolor pencil but this time I used some a brush to add a bit of water to the background of the owl. I fussycut the owl from a watercolor paper and used foam tape so that looks perched on the tree stump.  I'm not really sure if it's because of the quality of my watercolor pencil but adding water to a colored area didn't give me an intense color effect which is all good, after all I was looking for a washed out effect.



So that's my two cards for the week, I hope to do more cards in the days to come- probably catch up on some coloring practices since I've recently join a coloring group over in FB. We'll see how it goes and I will keep you posted.  Till I see you here again.


You Might Also Like

0 comment